What is EWSA (Extended Warranty Service Agreement) from Bigfix Assure?
Bigfix Assure EWSA replicates and extends the manufacturer’s warranty. This means whenever your electronic appliance or gadget suffers a malfunction or breakdown, we will get it repaired or replaced for you while bearing all the costs required. We do all the followups, transport, procurement of parts including the legwork required to fix it.
Bigfix Assure offers coverage for all your home appliances, kitchen appliances and gadgets ranging from Air Conditioner, Air Purifier, Audio System, Electric Fan, Geyser, Home Theater & Soundbar, Electric Iron, Room Cooler, Room Heater, Television, Vacuum Cleaner, Washing Machine, Blender, Coffee maker & Grinder, Dishwasher, Electric Kettle, Food Processor, Juicer Mixer Grinder, Microwave oven & OTGs, Refrigerator, Toaster, Water Purifier, Desktop, Digital Camera & DSLRs, Fitness Tracker, Gaming Consoles, Kindle E-Reader, Laptop, Mobile Phone, Projectors, Scanners & Printers, Smartwatches, Tablet, and Virtual Reality gadgets.
You can opt for an extended warranty from Bigfix Assure for your appliances and gadgets within 9-months after purchasing your device.
You can opt to protect your device for up to 4 additional years. The term of the extended warranty available is based on what the normal life cycle of the device is supposed to be. While opting for Extended Warranty for your device, please keep in mind that the total term of the manufacturers' warranty and Extended Warranty does not exceed 5 years.
E.g., if your television has 1-year manufacturer's warranty, you can opt for extended warranty for up to 4 additional years. However, if your television comes with 2-years manufacturer's warranty, you can opt for extended warranty for maximum 3 additional years.
The maximum amount payable by us under this Extended Warranty Service Agreement will be the original Purchase Price of your product. If for any 1 Service Request, the cost of repairs is greater than the current/last available market value of the device, the device will be replaced. Replacement is provided in the form of new or refurbished device or Gift Cards.
In the event that We make payments for repairs or replacements, or for Gift Cards reflecting the replacement cost of an item of equal or equivalent features and functionality, which in the aggregate, are equal to the Coverage Amount, the Extended Warranty Service Agreement will be considered as fulfilled and We will have no further obligations, notwithstanding any outstanding term of the Service Agreement.
Except as indicated above, in no event will this Extended Warranty Service Agreement be liable for:
Indirect damage caused due to improper functioning of the product, including, but not limited to lost profits or savings, business interruption, loss of data, lost revenue, loss of use, inconvenience, mental or physical stress, commercial or economic loss of any kind, or special, incidental, or consequential damages.
Incidental damages due to malfunctioning of the product such as loss of income or loss of profit etc.
Any request made by a third party or made by customer on behalf of a third party.
Any damage that occurs as a result of customer's failure to follow the directions in the User manual.
This limitation of liability applies in all circumstances i.e. when damages are sought, a request made under this limited Extended Warranty Service Agreement, or as a tort request (including negligence and strict product liability), a contract request, or any other request. This limitation of liability cannot be waived or modified by any person. This limitation of liability will be effective even if Customer has advised Bigfix Assure / its representative of the possibility of any such damages or even if such possibility was reasonably foreseeable.
What is Not Covered?
This Extended Warranty Service Agreement does not cover the following components or specific conditions:
- Products that do not carry an existing Manufacturer’s Warranty valid in India at the time that this Extended Warranty Service Agreement has been purchased by you.
- Physical or accidental damage of any kind that causes internal or external components to malfunction.
- Issues arising on account of liquid/water logging.
- Issues arising out of wear and tear of the Covered Product.
- Issues or costs arising due to unauthorized repairs carried out on the Covered Product, improper usage and defects due to electrical wiring, plug(s), switches, extension box, inverter, grounding defects, damages due to sudden surge fluctuation, fluctuating voltage, loose contacts etc.; and damages resulting from external causes like rat bite(s), insect infestation or intrusion.
- Breakdown on account of any accessories not originally provided by the manufacturer of the Covered Product.
- Issues arising as a result of non-operating or cosmetic deterioration that do not affect the functionality or operation of the Covered Product.
- Performing actions on the Covered Product that cause the manufacturer’s warranty to void, including products that have been modified, altered, adjusted or repaired, serviced, moved, removed, installed, by unauthorized persons.
- Any other condition that voids the Manufacturer's Warranty prior to end of its standard warranty period, including repairs from the local and unauthorized service centres.
- Any issue occurring prior to the commencement of the Extended Warranty Service Agreement or after its expiry.
- Breakdown or consumption of consumable products such as cables, cords, gas refill/recharge/top-up in air conditioners, cartridges, tapes, software items, batteries, Joysticks, chargers, earphones, headphones, fuses, bulbs, styli, ribbons, plastic, rubber, sheet-metal parts, doors, main liner, cracks, paintwork, product finish, dents, scratches, plugs, rubber pads, stabilizer, grills, casing, trays, light covers, filters, attachments, belts, toner, drums or any other add-ons (accessories such as blades, jars, tubs, covers, plates, etc.), cleaning and lubrication, alignment and descaling.
- Defects due to transmission/cable/DTH/or any other external source from where the signal input are fed to the product.
- Breakdown caused by a failure to follow the manufacturer's installation or operating instructions.
- Product(s) with removed or altered serial numbers.
- Damage to computer hardware, software and data caused by, including, but not limited to virus, application programs, network drivers, source code, object code or proprietary data, support, configuration, installation or reinstallation of any software or data.
- Any product fraudulently described or misrepresented by You.
- Malfunction of the Covered Product resulting from inadequate safekeeping, storage at high temperatures or humidity, rust and corrosion, storage with mothballs or leakage of batteries, are not covered.
- Damage occurring due to natural calamities like floods, earthquakes and acts of God.
- Products used for commercial uses are not covered.
This Extended Warranty Service Agreement purchased from the Bigfix Assure website can be cancelled within 30 days of purchase without any reason whatsoever. Upon cancellation of the EXTENDED WARRANTY SERVICE AGREEMENT no charge will be deducted from the amount paid towards the EXTENDED WARRANTY SERVICE AGREEMENT and the entire amount shall be refunded. No cancellations can be made by the Customer after 30 days from the Date of Purchase of Extended Warranty Service Agreement.
If the Customer makes a request, knowing it to be false and/or fraudulent as regards the value or the amount of work or otherwise, this Service Agreement is deemed to be cancelled from inception without return of money paid and the customer must return all request payments received till such cancellation, including any shipping charges or other ancillary charges incurred by the Company. Cancelling or refund a plans with special discounted premium, is solely on Bigfix Assure discretion.
The protection plans (EWSA and Damage Protection) are non-transferrable. Please ensure you are providing correct and valid owner's details.
Please be advised, a plan not activated within 90 days of plan purchase date, stands void and cannot be cancelled or refunded.